Re: [Shop-talk] FW: Anode for compressor

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] FW: Anode for compressor
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 22:21:55 -0700
Dave,

No, I don't think so.

If the anode is connected to the steel tank, the magnesium anode will react
with the steel it is in contact with.  I believe that the reaction will take
place between the magnesium and the steel center rod it is formed around,
instead of between the magnesium and the water.  At least that's how it
looks logically to me.

Back to my initial logic.

Putting the anode at the bottom of the tank, provides a long contact area,
and any water at the bottom of the tank would provide that electrolyte.

Now I am back to thinking. . . . . Which is better?

Jack