Re: [Shop-talk] Ejection pump system problem

To: jamesf@groupwbench.org
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ejection pump system problem
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:27:23 -0400
jamesf@groupwbench.org wrote:
> .... has what appears to be a whole house sewage sump pump/ejection
> system, i.e. a large sealed (sort of) cylindrical tank buried in the
> ... My thinking is stuff gradually blocked the gates
> and the ensuing resistance caused the pumps to draw excess current. Being
> in Colorado we can't just run the water to test so it'll be a few days
> before they get home and use enough to test, but is my hypothesis viable?

Ah the joys of mountain living... uphill septic systems!  I have a similar
setup, but the catch tank is buried in the backyard, and about the size of a
large trash can.  40 gal maybe?

I live in fear of the day it starts malfunctioning.  When it does, screw "DIY"!
 I'm just calling a septic / plumbing pro to make it right.  I really don't
wanna mess with my own poop water, much less a friend of a friend's!  So unless
the friend's house sitting agreement included playing plumber -- ask the owner
how they're going to arrange to pay the fix it guy!

And what's the Colorado comment?  Are you short on water out there?

  -Wayne