Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:48:18 -0700 (PDT)
>  I think the problem we have here is the rust as much as anything.
> it's so humid here the clips rust, and then you're hosed.

An old machinist's trick is to put a block of camphor in each drawer.
Old-timey pharmacies probably have a box of the little blocks. Failing
that, you can get industrial-sized dessicant packs to toss
in a drawer; when they change color, bake them in your garage
toaster oven (you've got one of those for degassing brake pads
and baking enamel paint, right?)...

It also helps a huge amount to keep your garage temp above dew
point all year long. I know that's not possible in some places :-)

Best,
chris