Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders

To: cornerexit <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Socket holders
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 22:49:37 -0500
*My idea won't help your son's toolbox but might appeal to someone else:
After trying every thing in the way of sticks, boards and racks for sockets,
I've hit on this:  I bought enough huge muffin tins to fill a 30" x 30"
drawer in my tool cabinet and my 1/4, 3/8 and  1/2 drive sockets all share
a  labeled cup according to the BOLT size:  example: all 7/16 sockets go in
one cup:  1/4, 3/8 & 1/2 drives.   When I go for a socket, I have options
for the size I want.  Only the mid sizes have to share all three drive type;
the little 1/4s and the big 1/2s get a cup to themselves. I also paint the
tins white and have stick-on labels on most of my sockets to help with
visability.  O' course I still have to cope with my metrics, Whitworths,
tall sockets, impact sockets, 3/4 drive etc, but they live in other
drawers.   *