[Shop-talk] PV system/disconnect

To: Bill Gilroy <wmgilroy@gmail.com>, old dirtbeard
Subject: [Shop-talk] PV system/disconnect
From: Gasket Works USA <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:18:51 -0500 (CDT)
In typical grid tie systems the inverters have the onboard circuitry to
disconnect when utility power is down.  In that if they sense that there is no
60 cycle frequency comming from the utility they send the PV output to ground.
So, no power pushes into the utility lines.  reverse this when input is sensed.
 This is an instantaneous deal.

>From: Bill Gilroy <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/06/18 Mon PM 06:20:38 CDT
>To: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
>Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] PV system

>If you are sending power back onto the grid what happens with downed lines
>and workmen?  I know with generators you have to have a transfer switch so
>you don't put power back on the grid.  How is this handled or is it even an
>issue?  Just wondering.  I don't think this would work in Seattle; to many
>clouds and to many cedar trees right around my house.
>
>-g
>

>On 6/15/07, old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>

>> Meter spinning backwards (it shows 99,546KW then, and was set at 100,00 KW
>> upon installation, a spin down of almost .5mWh since it was installed on
>> April 9th -- today it shows 99,445 over a half million watt hours of
>> surplus).
>> Edison did not change out our old analogue meter when the system
>> was installed, and then realized that they could not read it, so we lost a
>> month of measurement).

M.N.Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC
gmt-8 Pacific time