Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Floor

To: nases@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Floor
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:00:49 -0400
Phil Nase wrote:
> I am trying to avoid using Muriatic acid but will if I have to.  How do I
> tell how much etching is enough.

These are the prep instructions for the stuff I applied:
http://www.poloplaz.com/applyharddeck.html

There are some good tips in there that are applicable to all concrete prep.
Use the muratic acid!  Dilute 2 or 3 parts water to 1 acid.  Their suggestion
of using a flower sprinkler works great!  I did the ammonia neutralizer like
they specify.  Used shop vac to pick up all acis and ammonia, then went back
over it with plain water & vac'ed up about 3 times.  The cement should be
fairly rough - approx like 100 grit sandpaper.

  -Wayne