[Shop-talk] Garage Floor

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Garage Floor
From: "Phil Nase" <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:40:00 -0400
OK I have the garage sheetrock up and painted and now I'm attacking the
floor to prep it for epoxy paint.

Its pressure washed, scrubbed 2 times with a commercial degreaser and a
third time with TSP.

The paint kit I have has included a cleaner, degreaser and etcher solution
which I used yesterday.  On the concrete floor that has seen little traffic
(around the perimeter) the stuff foamed up like it's supposed to.  The other
parts didn't foam up.  So is the etching working on those parts.  They
instructions say if it isn't foaming it isn't working.

I am trying to avoid using Muriatic acid but will if I have to.  How do I
tell how much etching is enough.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa