Re: PV system

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PV system
From: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:50:08 -0700
Keith,

I agree entirely. I had planned on putting up a 600 sq.ft. patio cover and
install the panels on it so that it would not be visible from the front of
the property. After all the city codes and requirements, it would have cost
almost $80K to build a structure and install the panels. Federal law exists
that forces local municipalities to allow the rooftop installation of PV
systems. I did not want the panels on the front of the house, but economics
weighed in and that was the only advantageous azimuth for the array.

If you are building a new house, you have more options. If you are
retrofitting an existing house, your choices are more limited. This system
will not leak and should produce 11+ million watts/hrs of power a year for
35+ years. That is a good deal of oil or gas that does not need to be
burned.

best,

doug