RE: Home a/c question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Home a/c question
From: <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 7:23:15 -0400
> (A/C systems seem to be haunting me these days... I'm going to need to do
> a condenser in this minivan I'm buying.... :-)

Depending on the van, you might want  to think about not purchasing that
particular van then.  Are you planning on doing the work, or having it done.
If you are farming it out, have you gotten an estimate?  For the late model
Chrysler mini vans, it is a 12 hr + job.  So at $100/hr (labor rate here) then
you're looking at  a repair bill of at least $1,500.  A lot to put into a van
you
just bought, unless it's being discounted by at least that much.

John