RE: Home a/c question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Home a/c question
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:33:27 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

I don't think its the condensation tray...

I took off the "access panel" (ok, actually I took apart one entire side
of the duct.  There wasn't an access panel per se, but it wasn't too bad).

The condensation tray had a small amount of water in it, up to the bottom
of the (horizontal out the side) drain tube.  That was after perhaps three
hours of sitting not running, so maybe there's a clog that still allows
enough water to get by so that it drains in three hours but not enough for
when its running?  I dunno... Doesn't seem like there'd be that much water
coming off the a-coil (see?  I'm picking up the lingo!  :-)

Here's another description of the sound... Its kinda like the sound when
your garden hose spits out an air pocket.  Is it possible that the system
is running low on refrigerant?  I'd have thought that it wouldn't blow
cold air if that was the case however.

Of course, I started it back up after I reassembled the duct, and haven't
heard the sound since then...

Btw, today was the first day we've run A/C this season.  I dunno if
there's anything that needs to warm up or something?  Like could oil have
accumulated in a low spot and now its been distributed evenly?

Mark

(A/C systems seem to be haunting me these days... I'm going to need to do
a condenser in this minivan I'm buying.... :-)