Re: garage door opener ----lights

To: "E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: garage door opener ----lights
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:17:16 -0800 (PST)
Even if it is safe to put compact fluorescents in the
motion-detector units,
it's not worth it, because with a motion-detector
light
you want full brightness RIGHT NOW, and all the
CF bulbs I have ever seen start out really dim
and need a minute or two to reach full brightness.

But the lights on the front exterior of my house
are on a mechanically-switched timer, and
it is no big deal if the bulbs need a little
time to reach full brightness.

Doug

--- "E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett@centurytel.net>