Re: garage door opener ----lights

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: garage door opener ----lights
From: "E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:34:39 -0600
When I recently built my garage a couple years ago I put in a motion
detector to operate the main lights.  I used one of the wide angle
detectors, so entering the garage form any door or the car entering
turns them on, and they go out in from 1 to 15 minutes after they see no
movement depending on the setting.  If I want them on full time, I hang
a cap over it to darken the photo cell, and turn the switch off and
immediately back on to put them in dusk to dawn mode.  Removing the cap
returns to normal operation.  Note, they have a "soft start" feature to
prolong bulb life, so they do not work with florescent lights.

--
 John
another one of them