Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts

To: Matt <mbarre@juno.com>
Subject: Re: 2 vs 4 post lifts
From: "Larry Spector" <lspector@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:24:47 -0500
I bought a 4 post with a rolling jack this summer, after flip-flopping
between the options. I wanted to be able to use it for storage in addition
to being able to work on the car. I've found that access is actually pretty
good when working on the car, although I wouldn't use it for
swapping/rotating tires! I recently did the CV joints on my wife's Passat,
and it was really nice being able to have the car up in the air, and still
be able to raise/lower it onto the ramps to prevent wheelspin while torquing
the axle bolts. That being said, there were times when I found myself
bitching that I couldn't reach/see something that the ramps were blocking!

All in all it's the right choice for me, but if I wasn't going to store a
car on it I'd probably have gone with the 2 post instead.

-Larry