Re: Sink Draining options

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: Sink Draining options
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:38:25 GMT
I had a cold line to my old garage just for hand washing...  I just ran the
drain through the wall where it fell on the slope away from the garage and it
worked fine.  If sinking a drum isn't a problem, it would provide a little
more flexibility.
For the on demand hot water, that is the route I am presently taking on my new
shop that will even have a shower for the kids in the pool.  You can get a
"Titan" that originates in Miami on EBay for much less than options from the
more established companies like Bosch.  The only warning I have is these take
some serious current - 60 amps in my case.  Plus I spoke with one user of
these that complained that higher flows simply don't get hot enough for him.
Consider your demand when sizing...
Matt

-- eric@megageek.com wrote:

So I need to find the best way to drain the sink.  None of these options
are "up to code" so I'm not really worried about it.  Like i said, it's
light use for rising off mostly.  I will NOT be placing gas covered items
in there to wash them off and such.
snip - - - -