Sink Draining options

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sink Draining options
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:00:24 -0500
Ok, first off, I'm not looking to use this sink for any real heavy
"cleaning."  Mostly just for washing my hands and maybe rising dust off
off items.

Now, here is the question...

I've brought water out to the shop, in the form of a cold supply line.  I
have a hose hooked up to it with a drain in the middle of the floor. Works
fine.

I want to add a sink to the mix, and maybe an "on demand" hot water heater
(the kind that heats it when you need it.)

So I need to find the best way to drain the sink.  None of these options
are "up to code" so I'm not really worried about it.  Like i said, it's
light use for rising off mostly.  I will NOT be placing gas covered items
in there to wash them off and such.

Here are my options for a jury rigged drain...

1-just drain the pipe outside into the lawn.

2-Drain the pipe into the storm drain that runs into a pond on the
property (I would NOT really consider this under any circumstances, this
is why I can't use the drain in the floor of the shop.

3-I could drain into the septic line, but AFTER the holding tank.  I don't
know if this is a good or bad idea (opposed to draining straight into the
lawn.)

4-I dig a hole 6 feet deep and fill it with a 55 gal drum with holes in
it, covered in landscape cloth.  I run the drain into that.

5-????

So, whats the wisdom say?

Inch

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos