Re: Air line piping

To: scott.hall@comcast.net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air line piping
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 21:28:11 -0800
> how do you make a loop from iron pipe and have it tilt?  I cannot
> visualize it--since the fittings are all right angles, doesn't the
> downward slope make the loop out of square to the walls?  or does the
> pipe bend enough to make this not an issue?  or am I just missing
> something?

Yeah, the pipe will bend a little, you only need a little slope.  If you
can't get enough bend out of the pipe, you use an elbow pointing down
and a street-ell threaded into that to make the coupling to your
right-angle run.

For drops you put in a tee pointing UP with a 4in or so nipple pointing
up, then an elbow and a street-ell to turn that 180 (well, 177) degrees
to a downward drop, that way any water stays in the main run and doesn't
enter the drop.

John.