Re: Waste Oil Container

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Waste Oil Container
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 04:10:07 +0000
hey, I also just pour it down the nearest sewer drain.  I remember when I was
maybe 15 or so calling one of my mom's coworkers an idiot because he'd recently
got into diy auto maintenance and that exactly how he was disposing of used oil
and antifreeze.  he was a pharmacist, so of course he knew whatever he was
doing wasn't hurting anything.  I never figured out how pharmacy school taught
you everything.  on the one hand, a 15-year-old punk was bitching at him, on
the other, he was awfully condescending for being so wrong.

anyway, I use old milk jugs, for the same reason steven does--the guys at the
auto parts store just direct me to set them down by the counter.  they do
deteriorate after a few months with oil in them.  ask me how I know.

scott

From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>