Air line piping: Part Deux

Subject: Air line piping: Part Deux
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:11:57 -0800
Seems like the 3 acceptable choices are:

1) Black iron pipe
2) Copper pipe
3) Chem-Aire Industial plastic piping from Nibco

The cost of a 10 foot X 3/4" length of each are:

1)  Black iron - ~ $9.00
2)  Copper - ~ $23.00
3) Chem-Aire - ~$18.00

I had a cheap made in China iron pipe threader once; I don't think the thing
could thread a Slim Jim.  There is a place in Seattle that sells Chem-Aire.
The fitting prices are not outrageous.  I think for cost and ease I am going
to use the Chem-Aire.  It will cost a bit more then black iron, less then
copper and it will be much easier to install.  They also have a Chem-Aire to
copper fitting so I can use copper if the needed.  This time I am going for
ease of installation.

I should be doing this at the end of January so I will let you know how it
turns out.

Bill Gilroy