RE: Air line piping

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air line piping
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:18:17 +0000
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>

> > > And I know what a great tool a BFH is - but what's BFE ??
> >
> > Bum-Fornication Everywhere, sometimes used as shorthand for
> > "The middle
> > of nowhere."
>
> As I've heard it, it's Egypt rather than Everywhere.  John's second word is
> a euphemism for the actual word, too.
>
> Of course, there's also British Frame and Engine, but hopefully the meaning
> is clear from the context <G>

D J Leary, a frequent guest on Almanac, a Twin Cities TV show for
public-affairs junkies, gave us one that I had not heard before:  "Yeah, that's
fine in The Cities, but what do the folks out in East Elf Zipper think?"

In the USA, a common word for such a place has been for many years is "Podunk",
which I gather is based on a real  town in New Jersey or Pennsylvania with a
different spelling.

Of course it is difficult to improve on "Fargo".

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,
1994 Miata C package
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net    http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
I decry the textmessagization of the American-English language.