Re: Garage door eye alignment

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage door eye alignment
From: wmc_st@xxiii.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:58:23 -0500
At 09:27 AM 12/10/2006, you wrote:
>Not sure where you got the German origin.  Chamberlain has been in
>the Chicago area since at least the mid 1950's, when they were
>Perma-Power.  I _think_ the owner Duchossois is the same guy that
>owns Arlington Park racetrack.  Even their website says that they've
>been in the global market only a short time.  And historically,
>Sears openers were all made by Chamberlain.  Maybe not all of them any more ??

Well, OK, maybe I am talking out my arse.  The German thing was per
my brother, who worships all things German (not that that's bad...)
and seemed to be supported by some stuff on their web site, as well
as info I found a few years ago when researching the opener that came
with my house.

As for Sears, looking at other peoples', as well as fixing or
sourcing replacement remotes for friends', it appeared around 20% of
them were Chamberlain, and the others Genie.

   -Wayne