Re: 4 light hi-beams

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 4 light hi-beams
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:57:00 -0700
> I wouldn't think that the wiring would be a problem... the existing
> hi-beam wiring is made to handle the hi-beams  as is the lo-beam
> wiring...   my main concern was heat in the plastic housing from having
> both of them on at once for an extended time.

I don't think it's likely to be a problem.  BUT...

If I owned a GM vehicle that was sold in any markets outside the US
(notably the Corvette, and usually the trucks/SUVs) before I tried to do
anything funky with the US-spec headlights I'd check the parts catalogs
for what they use in the non-US-market vehicles.  Because DOT-spec
lights are often not legal (not good enough) in other markets, and what
those markets get are usually built to European (ECE) specs.

This lighting has historically been sold under the option code T84.

There are some lighting systems that are dual-spec (DOT and ECE) legal,
but it's generally not the case.

John.