stainless steel cable for hanging and current?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: stainless steel cable for hanging and current?
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:58:35 +0000
I'm hanging a pot rack for my wife.  this thing is both a fixture and a
lighting fixture.  it uses a pair of chains to hang/support the rack, and lamp
cord to power the lights.  naturally, this is not up to her kitchen aesthetic
standard.

do any of you know a cable type or supplier where I can buy stainless wire that
I can also use to carry a current?  I figure I can replace the two chains with
the cable, and hopefully use one of them to power the lights.

barring that, I'm open to suggestions.  I figure I could replace the chains
with cable, and run a third similar-appearing cable to power the lights if I
can't make one both load- and current-bearing.

and any advice, if any of you know, on how to replace those chains with the
steel cable?  she's looking for that same look you see in suspended (pendulum?)
fixtures.

dunno, I all know is I just spent several hours in the attic running wire and
framing box hangers and she doesn't like the look of the chains.  but then
again, I kinda figured she wouldn't.  my fault for trying it.  and how cool
will it look when it's done?

thanks in advance.

scott