Ladder saftey and Ladder racks for trucks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Ladder saftey and Ladder racks for trucks
From: Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:59:10 -0500
Hello,
I just started a new job yesterday, working as a contractor for the cable
company.  Most of the job is easy, but the ladder/line work is something new.
While I've used extension ladders before, I quickly realized yesterday that I
don't know what I am doing.   I wasn't even supposed to be using a ladder (I
didn't have one), but needed to on my first job so I had to borrow one.

Any suggestions on lader use and safety?
Sites on the net to check out?

Also I need to get a ladder rack for my Suburban, any suggestions on what to
look for?
I will be hauling a 24' extension ladder and something smaller (step or
extension I'm not sure).

Same questions for tool belts and safety harness's, buying suggestions and
tips and tricks.

Thanks,
Matt Wehland