Very portable welders

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Very portable welders
From: Charlie Schlismann <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:00:16 -0700 (PDT)
I'm looking for a welder that I hope I never have to
use-one for the race trailer.  I prefer mig and a
small package that stows w/o kinking the cable hose.

I have a 90 amp that takes up too much space and isn't
quite effective enough for me. I would need to weld
.035"-.250" mild steel.  120 vac or battery operated
input.  I'm well equipped in the shop, this would be
for field use only.

Anyone have experience w/the battery powered Ready
Welder or Go Welder or another battery powered unit?
These things look like fun but I don't know how well
they'd handle light gage tube.

I'd consider a v. small 120 vac machine that's not a
toy(I can't afford the $1800 list Miller)?  I guess I
would consider stick, but haven't done it in 30 yaers
and then I was welding boilerplate.

TIA,
Charlie