RE: outside faucet not on the house...

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: outside faucet not on the house...
From: "Bob Kegel" <bobkegel@seanet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:14:15 -0700
I've rigged up something like this on my deck.  Using what I had on-hand, I
attached the faucet to an eight-foot length of copper pipe, ran it down a
post and connected it to an existing faucet with a length of hose made for
connecting a clothes washer. When cold weather is forecast, I shut off the
real faucet and disconnect the washer hose, letting everything drain.
I missed the weather forecast once and the contraption froze, popping the
fitting off the bottom of the copper pipe. A few minutes with a torch and it
was good to go.

Bob Kegel
Aberdeen, WA