electrical hookup for trailer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: electrical hookup for trailer
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:41:05 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

I'm thinking about putting in an electrical hookup for my current enclosed
car trailer (and potentially a future RV).  While I'm running wire, I
figure I should run an ethernet line and cable line as well.  Total
distance from the garage (closest part of the house) is probably 50 to 100
feet.

A few questions...

First, what're the requirement for running power lines, ethernet, and
cable underground?  Required to be in a conduit?  How deep?  Can they all
be in one conduit without violating code or causing interference?

Second, what requirements are there for the power pole?  Just a 4x4 stick
of pressure treated ok?

I think I'd like a 50A 220vac outlet out there, but also need a 30A 110vac
and perhaps a regular 20A 110vac outlet.  Can I just run both 110vac
phases, neutral, and safety ground from a 50A breaker in the box to the
pole and split everything off there, using one phase for the 30A outlet
and the other for the 20A outlet?  Does a small outdoor subpanel exist for
this kinda thing?  Will running a 30A 110vac outlet off one side of a 50A
220vac feed cause any problems?

I've done a good bit of house wiring, but haven't needed to run electric
outside before.  Appreciate the help!

Oh!  And another trailer electric question... Anyone know where I can buy
a 30A 110vac socket so that I can make a 15A 110vac plug to 30A 110vac
outlet adapter?  The all in one deal that Lowes (and others) sell doesn't
fit into the recessed outlet on my crap generator...

Thanks!

Mark