RE: powder actuated stud setter question

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: powder actuated stud setter question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:38:49 -0700
> Actually Randall, I would suspect ammo would need to go to a P.D..

Guess maybe you're right, Ed.  Since there is no projectile in the 'shell',
I thought normal household hazardous waste would cover it.  After all, they
will take other inflammables, like lighter fluid and gasoline; and there is
no projectile in a Hilti cartridge.

But looking at my city's web site, they say only no "explosives", and don't
mention flammables at all.

Is it just me, or are things blown way out of proportion these days ?  We're
not even allowed to shoot off bottle rockets on the 4th of July any more,
because some idiot somewhere managed to start a fire with one.  Next they'll
be taking away our scissors ...

Randall