ignition key removal

To: "Shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: ignition key removal
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 18:41:41 -0400
I've got a 2001 Kia Sephia that has half an igintion key stuck in it.
It's somewhat deeper in the lock than I can get at with a pick or some
such to pull out.  So i've taken the steering column apart to see if I
can figure out how to get the cylinder out.  I can't.  The book and
AllData are worthless.  It looks like there's a pin on the bottom of
the lock that pushes in.  It doesn't, but that may be because the lock
is in lock?  I can't get the thing to turn anymore.  (It did once,
which is how I got it home.)

Any advice?

--
David Scheidt