Re: wire pull info

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>,
Subject: Re: wire pull info
From: "pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:41:41 -0600
> I took a long-enough piece of thin nylon cord and tied
> a wadded-up plastic bag to one end.  I shoved it in
> one end of the conduit and applied my shop-vac to the
> other.  In a flash the cord was sucked through the
> conduit, and I used it to pull the wires.  If you have
> a somewhat rusty metal conduit (I had new PVC) this
> might not work, but there's no harm in trying...

I have pulled Romex though blind areas of old construction
boxed in by 2x4s.  Drill a hole into the box in one place,
and into to the box in another place.  Suck on one hole with
a shop vac and feed string into the other hole.  The string
finds the vac.  Use the string to pull your tape.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier