Re: wire pull info

To: john matthews <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: wire pull info
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 02:32:11 -0700
Hi John,

Couple of suggestions.
Attach the ends of the wires securely to the end of a sturdy "fish tape"
inserted from the pulling end. Strip the wire ends, bend them into a U,
fold them over the fish tape loop & securely wrap with thin tape. Lube
the wires with pulling compound. Have a helper push on the free end end
& pull on the fish tape.

If it's no go, replace the 90 degree turns with LB junction boxes at the
straight ends & pull the wires through the individual straight conduit
sections.

Three #4's & a 10 may be tighter than suggested code for a one inch
conduit but should be doable. be sure to use commercial pulling compound
& not substitute butter or something.

Dave Russell