Re: Need a weatherproof stair landing height increaser

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: Need a weatherproof stair landing height increaser
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:35:45 -0700
Hi Jim,

Not sure what you are describing here. If you wish to cap the concrete
to raise certain areas, it wouldn't be hard to form the areas & apply a
thin mortar cap.

Prep the area to be capped by roughing it up a bit. Apply a binder to
the concrete, pour the cap & finish it.

The binder is commonly called "moose milk". A brand name is "Acryl 60".
An acrylic binding agent. I have Successfully capped concrete from
anywhere between 1/4" to 4" thick. It is still holding on outdoor steps
after 25 years.

If this is not what you are after, maybe someone else has a better idea.

Regards,
Dave Russell