Re: looking for suggestion on shipping

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: looking for suggestion on shipping
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 20:31:33 -0600
Mike,

I have a couple of suggestions for you.

You might see if you can find someone who will take the time to see if
there is a different class that can be used for the shipment. I ordered
some suspension springs from Nissan in California and the shipping was
supposed to be $1300! The receiving clerk talked the shipper into
calling the shipment clean steel and the shipping dropped to just over
$600. All that was after the springs were on the dock waiting for me to
pick them up!

Secondly, see if you can find someone who ships a lot of stuff from the
area where the oven is coming from to a location near you. Then see if
they can slip it onto a truck coming your way.

If you can pick the oven up at their dock it will also be cheaper.

Peace,
Pat

Mike Rambour wrote:

>   Thanks for the suggestions.
>
>  WOW this shipping stuff is expensive, I got quotes from$480 all the
> way up to $1,300, so I guess at $525 the manufacturer is not that
> expensive after all.   I got 6 quotes, 480,  550, 580, 620, 690, 730,
> 1,310.  I did try greyhound, used them in the past and I had forgotten
> about them Thank You but that is too heavy for them.  Its quite a
> range and I am very surprised at the range but I guess I will go with
> the manufacturers price and get my new powdercoating oven here as
> quick as I can.
>
>  That "class" thing seemed to be the lifesaver on getting quotes, once
> I rattled off the class 85, they were quick in giving me prices.
>
>   Mike

> Mike Rambour
> Bug Writer err...Programmer       mikey@b2systems.com

> http://www.dinospider.com/  all about the ULTIMATE ALMOST a Ferrari
> http://www.singercars.com/  all about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car

-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --