RE: looking for suggestion on shipping

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: looking for suggestion on shipping
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:15:34 -0800
>    I have a piece of equipment to ship from PA to CA, 17771  to 93117
> zip codes, the shipper wants $525 for shipping which I think it is
> excessive.   He said I could see if I could find it for less and it
> is 600lbs.  and class 85, the class 85 apparently tells the shipping
> company the size and pallet type or something.

If "terminal to terminal" is acceptable (ie your shipper will deliver to the
terminal and you can pick up from a terminal), then check out Forward Air.
http://www.forwardair.com/

They moved a pallet of car parts for me from Dallas to Los Angeles, weighing
over 500#, for about $200.  I'd talk to them even if your shipper can't
deliver, as they may be able to suggest one of their partners willing to do
the pickup.

Randall