RE: Pressure Washer

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pressure Washer
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:26:56 -0800
> How much PSI do I need to clean driveways and the side of a house?

Tough question, but I have a 6.5 hp 3300 psi model and I wish it had more
pressure.  Note that flow is important too.

BTW, a "rotating" nozzle will help simulate a larger unit.  It moves the
needle spray in a circular pattern that covers more area without reducing
the pressure or flow focused on a single point.

> I have an Craftsman 5 hp Gas Pressure Washer that doesn't  wash with
> pressure anymore, so I am assuming that the seals are toast.

IMO it's definitely worth repairing this washer rather than spending as much
or more on an electric model.  The electric models just don't have the
punch.  Check your local Sears service center, they usually can turn them
around pretty fast.

> We list the house for sale this weekend and I am trying to decide to
> buy an new one (even if it is a 1600PSI electric), get this one
> repaired (if I can find someone who can do that fast), or pay to have
> it done.

Another option might be to rent one for a day, especially if you don't need
one at your new home.

Randall