RE: core drilling brick

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: core drilling brick
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 14:27:05 -0500
We core holes in concrete all the time at work.  I'm thinking a 1.5" hole
might be a bit large for a hammer drill, maybe not.  You can get a coring
bit, similar to a hole saw.  You need copious amounts of water on the cut.
They are rather expensive, so rental would be best option.
Eric, I'm curious as to what bit you used for your 2" hole?  A 2" masonry
bit seems awfully large.  I guess if a 2" bit is avail, a 1.5" shouldn't be
hard to come by and a hammer drill would work fine.

Gordie Bird