RE: Shop Refrigerator

To: "'Steve Shipley'" <shiples@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Shop Refrigerator
From: "Aric Datesman" <adatesman@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 10:30:23 -0500
Hey Steve,

I've had the same thing happen and ended up with quite a mess when 20 pounds
of cherries defrosted and started melting.  Turns out the problem was that
it was as cold in the workshop as it was inside the fridge, so the
thermostat never turned the compressor on.  And since the compressor never
turned on, the freezer eventually warmed up to just above freezing.

Adding a space heater to the room to keep it ~40 solved problem (and made
the tools a bit more pleasant to work with).

-aric.