Re: electric baseboard heater repair

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: electric baseboard heater repair
From: "E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 22:43:03 -0600
1 oh or less is reasonable for the heating element, it will get higher
as it gets hot.  like you, I would think the thermocouple would be 0, or
infinity, unless it is a thermister type deal.  thermostat makes me
wonder though.  Is it an electronic type.  normally a thermostat is
either open or closed.  the readings you gave would be for a control
that turned the amount of heat up and down, but not for a thermostat
that could turn it on and off.  Is there a control box all of this wires
to that has a circuit board in it?

--
 John
another one of them