RE: Air leak?

To: "'Matt Trebelhorn'" <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>,
Subject: RE: Air leak?
From: "Charley Robinson" <charleyrob@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:17:42 -0500
A cracked rim does sound a bit strange unless it took some hits. It may be
the bead area is caked with old rubber etc. that prevents a good seal. It it
is a welded wheel that may be the source of the leak. I'd wait until your
wife wasn't home and fill up the bathtub, then pump the tire up to about 35
- 40 psi and  submerge it in the tub. You should be able to spot the source
of the leak. Don't forget to wipe off the tub ring when you're done.

Charley