Tool names.

To: Shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tool names.
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 06:14:23 -0700
Any other CSI junkies out there who watched last night's episode?

I loved it when they open the trunk of the Mercedes to find the body and
the bloody murder weapon.  They pull out the weapon, a crow bar, and
call it a "Tire Iron".  If you put a crow bar in a trunk, does it
magically become a tire iron?  It's also referred to as that a couple of
more times in the show.

I realize today's TV script writers are probably far too young to have
ever seen an actual, real life tire iron.  However, I would have hoped
at least one of the editors or "older" actors would have caught the
misnomer.

Oh well, I guess I'm just totally dating myself, having actually changed
tires by hand with tire irons.

FWIW

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA