Re: very small utility trailer

To: "Rich White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: very small utility trailer
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:55:36 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich White"

Subject: very small utility trailer

> We are tent campers and need a small trailer,

I would hazard a guess that the weak points of the small trailers in your
links are small tires and the wheel bearings. Small tires will be turning
more RPM's stressing the wheel bearings even more.

Have you considered the small trailers motorcycle campers use?

Look about 1/2 way down in this link:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-trailer/

It is likely that motorcycle trailers will cost a lot more money, however. I
would go ahead and obtain one of the small trailers you were looking at. Buy
the one with the largest diameter wheels (or change them to larger
wheels/tires) and keep a close eye on the wheel bearings.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell