RE: code readers (still more follow up)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: code readers (still more follow up)
From: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:15:55 -0400
Eric@megageek.com

> I never thought I would see the day when I grab a
> laptop to troubleshoot a car!
>
> Now, to be a true geek, I'm looking for a laptop
> that I can dedicate to the scanner.

I have an old 75 Mhz laptop that was given to me (to old and slow to be
useful) that I've dedicated as my ODB-II scanner.  It works great!

I also bought a used Intel Web cam at a Boy Scout flea market for $2.
Last weekend, I was trying to find an electrical connection under the
dash of my Elise (A real pain to get into regularly, let alone upside
down under the dash.  Out came the laptop and my $2 web cam, and I
"remotely" looked around under the dash with only my hand contorted
under there...  :)

That's another use for a laptop...

Tim Mullen