Re: anybody have any experience with leaky water lines to

To: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anybody have any experience with leaky water lines to
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:44:06 -0700
At 06:55 AM 8/17/2005 -0700, Richard George wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>Have any of you had to deal with replacing/repairing the water line from
>the meter to  your house?

I've done this FOUR times!  Three repairs, one replace.  I've never had a
leak in the middle,
always at the end.  Both plastic and copper.  I just did this two months
ago but I got lucky,
I just started digging since the leak was near the meter and it turned out
that it was in the
rubber "whip" that the Seattle Water Dept uses to connect the meter to the
line to the house.
Since my copper was still okay it was repaired at no charge.  I'd check and
see who is
responsible for what.  If you're lucky, maybe it's someone else's problem.

Steve Shipley