Hydraulic motor question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Hydraulic motor question
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:20:57 +0100
I have a problem with a hydraulic motor driving one of the reels on a
Jacobsen Triking mower. It started as a leak, when it came back after being
sent away for resealing it would only drive slowly.

The motor carries the name of John S Barnes, Rockford, Ill. All three
motors have the same nameplate so I imagine they are original. After
Googling the name it looks as though Barnes is a firm that no longer
exists. The local Jacobsen dealer (over here in the UK) wants the
equivalent of over 1000 USD for a new motor so I wondered if anyone knows
of a reliable supplier in the US I could approach? I'd have thought there
was scope for bettering that price, even after shipping charges. There are
serial numbers on the plate so identification shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Nick Brearley