RE: Racer Community Garage Ideas

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Racer Community Garage Ideas
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:02:14 -0700
> Oh, and just because your tools are locked up in your $2000 snap-on chest
> does not mean that someone just cannot wheel the entire chest out of the
> shop and onto their pickup truck.  Take the castors off if the chest is
> stationary most of the time, or somehow inhibit its movement.

Somehow, in a whole shop full of tools, I doubt that will do much good.  Wrap a
chain around it, pick it up with the engine hoist, set it down on some wheel
dollies and out the door you go.  And a $20 angle grinder will make short work
of almost anything you care to lock it up with.  Or a cutting torch.  Or an air
chisel.

Randall