Re: Auxiliary Trailer Battery

To: john__matthews@hotmail.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auxiliary Trailer Battery
From: BSHolden@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:56:56 EDT
I keep my emergency trailer breakaway battery charged by wiring the battery
to the running light circuit using a diode (part number ECG 576) made by
Philips. This component will pass current up to 5 amps. In over ten  years and
countless trailer miles I have not had a problem with this  setup.
On the other hand, if you're looking at keeping a heavily  used full size
trailer battery charged I would recommend a battery isolator  set up as found
at
your local RV dealer. This of course would require the use of  a connector
with at least 5 poles.

Bart Holden
#9 SM #43FSP
In a message dated 5/25/2005 9:38:54 AM Central Daylight Time,