electric motor help

To: Digest_Shop-Talk@Mail.Megageek.com
Subject: electric motor help
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:22:29 -0400
Ok, I have a treadmill that I got for free.  The motor is not working
properly.

Here is the deal...

If you turn the motor on, it goes and works fine.  As soon as you put a
load on it, it stops and lurches in intervals.

Now, I opened it up and found that the motor is sealed, but the flywheel
has some light surface rust (and other parts do as well.)

I found that 2 wires looked like they were put together incorrectly  (they
used spade connectors and it was light blue to a dark blue wire and vise
versa on the other wire.)  I switched them and got the same results.

I can buy a new motor for $250, but I was wondering if there is something I
can do to fix it myself.  Or, can I just get any DC motor to replace it?
TIA

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.