table saw

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: table saw
From: "Tom Bott" <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 19:26:25 -0400
Hi Folks,  Got a question about a table saw.  I inherited a early 90's vintage
craftsman 3HP table saw.  (cast iron table and belt driven).  It had sat for a
couple years and it does run;  However,  the blade will bind with the least
resistance.  I even tried cutting some peg board material and it made the
blade bind.   The blade had been replaced just before its last use a couple
years ago.  Is this probably the motor giving out?   Would it be worth it to
replace the motor and/or fix the saw or scrap it and buy a new one?

As always,  thanks for your input.

Tom