Concrete: Fiber vs mesh

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Concrete: Fiber vs mesh
From: "Tom Bott" <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:21:25 -0500
Hi People,   Since the consensus on my question about building a wood floor
for my new workshop was to spend the extra bucks and do concrete, I now have
another question.  Got an estimate from a concrete man today and he said that
on a 4" slab he does not use wire mesh but uses "fiber reinforced concrete"
3000 psi.   Does anyone have some knowledge of the strength and durability of
this type vs. the wire mesh being floated thru the pour?  I am located in
Jacksonville, Fl., so real hard freezes are very very rare, if temp should
make a difference.

Thanks,  Tom