Re: Workshop Floor

To: <scott.hall@comcast.net>, "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Workshop Floor
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:43:58 -0500

> so a (approximately) 32' square slab is going in in front.  I'd kinda like
> to do it > myself.  can you get a broom-finish, ultra smooth slab on your
> own?  is it the
> power trowel that does it?

IMO, unless you have enough experience, you'll be better off paying someone
*experienced* to finish your garage/shop floor.

I built a garage a few years ago. A friend of a friend was trying to start a
new concrete (walls & floors) business. So, I agreed to give him the job.
The floor did not come out as nice as I would have liked. There were dips &
ridges - small but frustrating when I was on a creeper for example. I know I
could not have done better - but I'd never dome that sort of job before. I
always wished I had hired  an experienced firm.

BTW, I think 'broom-finished' and 'ultra smooth' are two distinctly
different floors.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://community.webshots.com/user/ghnl1961