Re: looking also for a (ahem, wood) router

To: scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: looking also for a (ahem, wood) router
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:25:50 -0500
I used a Sears router and dove tail jig to build my Cherry kitchen and bathroom
cabinet drawers.
About 30 drawers all dove tailed. Used it for the stair stringers and counter
tops and numerous
other projects. Worked fine.

It has 1/4" shaft. You will need something bigger to make raised panel doors. I
used a home made
shaper (Guilliam) with a 1/2" spindle and carbide cutters. They probably only
sell carbide cutters
now. I wouldn't buy anything else.

This was back in the early 80s, so maybe Sears stuff is different now.

Don Malling